Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Aseco
  •  » Question about Xaseco Security

#1 2015-04-10 02:31:59

dedifan
tm2:dedifan

Question about Xaseco Security

Hello,

I just read a thread in the maniaplanet forum (https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic … mp;t=30661)about a weird "hack" where a player got access to a server and was able to show up an on screen image for every player that is currently online(that is what I've understood from the translator).

So I am a little bit concerned if there is a security problem with Xaseco? If a player is able to access Xaseco and get the rights to edit config files, what will stop him to get beyond Xaseco and access the rest of the system?

Thank you for any info.

#2 2015-04-10 05:35:22

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

Re: Question about Xaseco Security

In the topic that you've indicated, it's the server hoster who have made that appear, not a hack.

So if there exists such hack this is not a right example.  And anyway I don't think that xaseco itself could allow such thing at least not without being server admin in xaseco (maybe some plugin?)

#3 2015-04-10 10:12:32

dedifan
tm2:dedifan

Re: Question about Xaseco Security

Hello Slig,

thanks for the rapid answer. I only translated the first post of the thread that mentioned that the player hacked the server.
After reading/translating the answer of the Server Admin it was clear that it was done by himself.

I apologize for any inconvenience and I am happy to hear that such hack is not feasible.

• Index
  •  » Aseco
  •  » Question about Xaseco Security

Board footer